Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hosting with a celebrity

It's been a long time since my last post. It's not that I don't have much to say, 'coz there are a lot of stories to tell. It's just that I've been so caught up in work lately that as soon as I get home, I only have time for Furby.

Anyway, last Saturday's office event is worth recounting, considering that something first happened to me. Sure, you would probably hear me hosting a wedding reception, or probably a Christmas party. Some people say I am good at it, what, with my stage presence and my sometimes funny antics. Last Saturday was no exception. As with all our previous events, I also did the voice over for our opening number and the introduction of our host, local celebrity Yayo Aguila. I also did voice overs for plugs throughout the day. Yeah, I once again hosted the pre-event games, and I should say, this event's audience-respondents were hilariously classical!

What sets this hosting job apart from the other events I've handled is that last Saturday, I got the chance to co-host a portion of the program with a celebrity, our host Ms. Aguila. Somehow, the euphoria of interacting with someone popular made me jittery at first--but hey, need I show that to her or to the audience?

In any case, the portion went on smoothly. It was as if I was hosting with a long-time friend. Our host was very warm and friendly, making the entire stint comfortable for me. I got through that day thinking how opportune I am to act as if I was one of them (celebrities), mingling and hobnobbing with them (of course, actress Bianca Lapus was there as well). Is this the start of something big for me? Will this be my ticket to showbusiness? Ha ha! We'll just wait and see!

4 comments:

Allyssa Sy said...

pa autograph nga! :D

darleth romana said...

Actually, Yayo's a neighbor and the Martinez matriarch is a friend of my parents. Palagi ko sila nakikita around, even her children. Pero mukhang someday, may maidadagdag na ako sa mga anecdotes ko with celebrities."Dati nakasama ko sa trabaho yang si...Donnel Lu", wahehe! Gagamit ka ba ng screen name? Keep me posted ha. ;p

* johanna * said...

naks!

jeff cab said...

ayus lolo!!!